Helping you stay safe, happy and healthy in your own home, connected to services and community.
LINK helps you to live well and live independently in your own home, remaining connected to services and community.
Keeping connected with family events, special occasions, and celebrations – and participating in the rhythm of family life is a huge part of maintaining meaningful connection, a calendar full of moments to cherish and look forward to.
But getting there and back can be difficult, or even frightening. LINK is here to help.
LINK’s community transport service is a safe specialist transport service designed to get you where you need to be, and get you safely home. Community transport is trusted service designed to give you peace of mind and the support you need to travel with confidence knowing you are with a service that is here to look after you all the way.
For some people, our attentive door-to-door transport service is what they need. We help others with further assistance with their mobility issues, providing specialist help with walkers, scooters or wheelchairs.
LINK’s community transport services:
- Gets you safely to your family events and home again
- Collects you from your door at home, in independent living units or other supported living arrangements
- Assists you getting into a vehicle that is appropriate to your transport needs, and helps you out at the other end
- Assists you safely with walking sticks, walkers, scooters or wheelchairs – with drivers who are trained and accredited to help
And, if you need more, our assisted mobility services can:
- Help you safely up stairs, across uneven ground or along corridors to make sure you can reach your destination
- … and provide any other help you need by just asking.
We fit our service to meet our clients’ needs. We address the areas where you most need help, and let you keep your independence with the things you like to keep doing yourself. We can be on hand, or quietly and discretely in the background.
LINK’s helpers are trained to look out for you. They are encouraged to notice things around the house, or to look out for a changes in your own wellbeing. We might be the first people to notice something going wrong. Where we can, we will take steps to make sure you are alright and getting the support you need from the whole community of care – engaging with your family, carers and favourite health practitioners.
We understand that staying safe, happy and healthy in your own home is made possible by keeping you connected to the world outside.
We keep you being able to participate in family events, able to visit the homes, and take part in the lives of the people you love.
LINK is here to help.