Helping you stay safe, happy and healthy in your own home, connected to services and community.
LINK helps you to live well and live independently in your own home, remaining connected to services and community.
Getting some time off helps keep any arrangement sustainable over the longer term. No matter how well things are working, or whether care us being provided by a partner, family or a professional carer – some time away, some time apart, or simply some rest time, quiet time, or time to yourself is needed to keep all of us going strong.
Time off can come in the form of respite, recuperation, recharging or a special event to look forward to.
LINK is here to help.
LINK’s respite service is a safe specialist and integrated service that can help everyone get a break whilst making sure care is continuous, high quality and fit to everyone’s needs. It should be a happy part of everyone’s life.
Our respite is trusted service designed to give you peace of mind and the support you need to get out with confidence supported by a service that is here to look after you all the way. We provide companionship, assistance with mobility and any other issues that might arise to keep respite days being a normal, refreshing and stress free day out no matter how complex your needs.
LINK’s respite services:
- Give you and/or your family and carers a well-earned break
- If you are heading out, takes you door to door, with a vehicle that is appropriate to your transport needs, along walking sticks, walkers, scooters or wheelchairs – to get you safely to and from your destination.
- Can take you, family or carers to interesting destinations – appropriate to physical and social needs – from sightseeing to adventure tours!
- Provides peace of mind through professional carer support whether you are heading out or staying home, while your normal family support or carer is taking a break.
- Can take you both out together, or to separate activities that suit your own interests and abilities.
- Supports you with any issues you may have
- Lets you go out together… or get some relax time alone.
We fit our service to meet our clients’ needs. We address the areas where you, family and carers most need help, and let you keep your independence with the things you like to keep doing yourself. We can be constant company while carers take a break, or sit quietly and discretely in the background while you rest.
LINK understands that things change over time. You can ask for what you need week by week, ask for special assistance, stick to the plan, or change the plan. It’s your call. You are in control.
LINK’s helpers are trained to look out for you. They are encouraged to notice things around the house, or to look out for a changes in your own wellbeing. We might be the first people to notice something going wrong. Where we can, we will take steps to make sure you are alright and getting the support you need from the whole community of care – engaging with your family, carers and favourite health practitioners.
We understand that staying safe, happy and healthy in your own home is made possible by having some time off from the normal program. Take break, and keep connected to your own wellbeing, the world outside, and the simple things in life that make you happy.
LINK is here to help.