Helping you stay safe, happy and healthy in your own home, connected to services and community.
LINK helps you to live well and live independently in your own home, remaining connected to services and community.
Getting the help you need from health practitioners is an important part of staying fit and healthy, recovering from injuries or getting back to full health after medical treatments. But getting there and back can be difficult, or even frightening. LINK is here to help.
LINK’s community transport service is a safe specialist transport service designed to get you where you need to be, and get you safely home. Community transport is trusted service designed to give you peace of mind and the support you need to travel with confidence knowing you are with a service that is here to look after you all the way.
For some people, our attentive door-to-door transport service is what they need. We help others with further assistance with their mobility issues, providing specialist help with walkers, scooters or wheelchairs.
LINK’s community transport services:
- Gets you safely to your medical appointments and home again
- Collects you from your door in independent living units or other supported living arrangements
- Assists you getting into a vehicle that is appropriate to your transport needs, and helps you out at the other end
- Assists you safely with walking sticks, walkers or wheelchairs – with drivers who are trained and accredited to help
- Can become a regular contact who gets to know you, and looks out for your welfare from journey to journey
And, if you need more, our assisted mobility services can:
- Help you find your way through complicated medical centre or hospital corridors to find the doctor’s suite you are looking for
- Can accompany you to the chemist afterwards to pick up prescriptions and medications on the way home.
- … and provide any other help you need by just asking.
We fit our service to meet our clients’ needs. We address the areas where you most need help, and let you keep your independence with the things you like to keep doing yourself.
LINK understands that things change over time. You can ask for what you need week by week, ask for special assistance, stick to the plan, or change the plan. It’s your call. You are in control.
LINK’s helpers are trained to look out for you. They are encouraged to notice things around the house, or to look out for a changes in your own wellbeing. We might be the first people to notice something going wrong. Where we can, we will take steps to make sure you are alright and getting the support you need from the whole community of care – engaging with your family, carers and favourite health practitioners.
We understand that staying safe, happy and healthy in your own home is made possible by keeping you connected to the world outside – attending medical appointments – and staying connected with services and community.
LINK is here to help.